Fire and EMS
Hot Work Notification
- The Clemson University Fire Department (CUFD) is responsible for approving any hot work done on campus.
- A notification is required for brazing, soldering, roofing, cutting, sweating, grinding, welding, or other such work.
- The Hot Work Notification Process:
- Notifies responders of the work being conducted in case a fire alarm is set off.
- Holds contractors and projects managers to safety standards.
- Prevents fire related disruptions of classes and work.